« March 2002 | Main | May 2002 »

April 27, 2002

Fray Day Cambridge Announced! Fray

Fray Day Cambridge Announced!
Fray Day will once again land in Cambridge at the YWCA's Hannum Hall in Central Square. The event takes place on Saturday, September 14th 7:00 - 10:00 PM. Jen Langley and I are producing the event. We're always looking for help, so if you're interested in being a Featured Performer, helping put up flyers around town, or just about anything else, please let me know. You can also check out the photos I took at last year's Fray Day.

What is Fray Day?
Fray Day is an annual event brought to you by the storytelling website {fray} that takes place in cities all around the world on the same weekend. Each event features interactive art, featured performers, and a storytelling open mic.

April 17, 2002

Tomorrow's lunch at Bertucci's is

Tomorrow's lunch at Bertucci's is full! If you'd like to join us next time (Thursday May 16th), you can register here. As always, we meet the third Thursday of each month at Bertucci's Restaurant in Cambridge adjacent to the Alewife MBTA station on the Red Line.

April 15, 2002

The monthly Freelance Hub lunch

The monthly Freelance Hub lunch is coming up. We're meeting this Thursday, April 18th at Bertucci's Restaurant in Cambridge at the Alewife MBTA station on the Red Line. There are a few seats available (out of 40) so if you've been thinking about joining us, you might want to register soon. We're trying out an idea called the "wish list." Each participant brings 40 sheets of paper listing their contact information, interests beyond work, professional background and work or life-related wishes. You can see my little wish list/info sheet in PDF format here. Thanks to Shannon for suggesting this idea.

April 08, 2002

Got a weblog or a

Got a weblog or a journal? Live in the Boston-area? Join us for a Boston Blogs Bash Monday, April 22nd. Shannon and I are putting it together and we're hoping maybe even a couple people will join us. The folks at 608 are giving us comp tickets to Neil Halstead's show that takes place later that night. I highly recommend that everyone purchase a beverage or four to thank 608 for this kind offering (soda, beer .. whatever works.) We're meeting up at 8PM and then Neil's show starts around 9:15PM. I think he's got an opening act that performs first so Neil probably really goes on around 11PM. Want to join us? RSVP!

April 05, 2002

The Organic Networking sushi party

The Organic Networking sushi party is just a few days away on Monday 8 April 2002. There are a few spots left if you would like to join us at Kaya in Cambridge (across the street from the Porter Square T station on the Red Line.) We'll be accepting RSVPs until tomorrow afternoon. The events I host have always been about casual, natural ways to connect with other people -- now we simply are using a word to describe it: organic.

April 02, 2002

I updated capricious.org last night.

I updated capricious.org last night. I was using it to just post my photography for a while but now I've decided to use it as a regular weblog, too. Though you probably wouldn't notice that just yet since last night's entry includes photos from the recent Mistle Thrush/David J show. If you want to keep up on my web travels, stories, photos and other unrelated thoughts, capricious.org is the spot. I'm going to use the homepage here at sooz.com for information about event-related tidbits.