« DNC Mania | Main | The Howard Dean Volunteer Reunion in Boston »

July 26, 2004

Join Us! Free Shakespeare On the Common performance of Much Ado About Nothing on Sunday, August 1st @ 7pm

Last year I got a group of us together to see the Free Shakespeare on the Common performance of Macbeth. It was a lot of fun, so we're doing it again this year for the final performance of Much Ado About Nothing on Sunday, August 1st at 7pm. We'll meet at 6:30pm near the big water fountain in the Boston Common, a very short walk from the Park Street T Station.

Want to join us? Add a comment here or a trackback ping. Or send me an email. Everyone sits on the grass so bring a blanket and snacks/beverages, too.

“Much Ado About Nothing is one of Shakespeare’s greatest comedies, it’s a full-blooded, passionate world and one that seemed particularly seductive. We are ready to move this year from the belligerence of Macbeth, last summer’s production, to a world where everyone loves everyone,” says CSC Artistic Director Steven Maler.

@ 11:17 AM | You're Invited (t) | Comments (8) | Cosmos

Comments

Sounds good! I may be out of town but if I'm here I'll try to make it.

Posted by: Shimon Rura at July 26, 2004 11:32 AM

I want to join you, but being in Texas seems to be an issue. *sigh* And last year I missed it because it was the day we left Boston. Maybe next year I'll get it right?

Posted by: Christine at July 26, 2004 12:36 PM

Should we try to coordinate a group picnic supper? I'll be picnicking during the play.

Posted by: j at July 26, 2004 02:29 PM

Picnic! Great idea. I will bring chocolate truffles. Hopefully it won't be super hot. What were you thinking of bringing?

Posted by: Sooz at July 26, 2004 03:16 PM

If it's just me eating my food, I'd bring things like cheese and crackers, maybe cherries or some kind of fruit salad, boiled peanuts, pasta salad, who knows what I'll feel like on Sunday.

Posted by: j at July 26, 2004 03:37 PM

Since you mentioned picnic, how about we all suggest stuff that we'd like to bring to share? ;)

Everything you mentioned sounds t-a-s-t-y.

Wait. Boiled peanuts. OK, I've never had that.

Posted by: Sooz at July 26, 2004 08:52 PM

Sounds like fun! I hope to be there.

Posted by: Susan at July 26, 2004 10:37 PM

I'm bringing cherries and a pasta salad with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, marinated mushrooms, black olives, and farfalle (bow tie pasta). If the boiled peanuts are finished by then, I'll bring some, too.

If you would like to share my pasta salad, please bring something to share. = ) I have plates and utensils and such I will bring.

I plan to be in the Davis Square T station around 5:30 pm and will wait around for perhaps ten or fifteen minutes in case anyone wants to rendezvous there. I will wait near the turnstiles. I will also look for people on the platform in case anyone comes in from elsewhere on the Red Line and just wants to wait around for me/us.

I will be carrying at least one of those chairs in a case that looks like a quiver and a blue backpack.

Posted by: j at August 1, 2004 04:29 PM